Please read the following information carefully. It might be useful to PRINT it.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO NOTE
- Official Transcripts (must be sent directly from the granting institution) Please do not submit secondary school progress reports.
- Persons who have qualifications from overseas institutions should make contact with the Barbados Accreditation Council (BAC) at (246)-535-6740 or info @bac.gov.bb to have their certification evaluated as soon as the application has been completed.
- Personal Statement (600 words) and two (2) written recommendations. (Social Work Programme Applicants only)
- Essay (300-word essay outlining your interest in the field) (Mass Communication only)
- Persons applying to the Visual Arts and Architectural Studies programmes are required to submit the portfolios to the respective Divisions at the dates specified. See details in the section on Entry Requirements.
FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO COMPLETE AN APPLICATION:
Step 1: Check the Programme and Courses for 2023-2024
Step 2: Review the Entry Requirements
Step 3: Collect the following documents and have them ready to submit with the application:
All documents to be submitted MUST be certified/notarized.
- Birth Certificate
- Barbados Identification Card (applicable to Barbadians only)(Both sides of card)
- Valid Passport (Biographical Page)(For Overseas students only)
- Marriage Certificate (if applicable)
- Legal affidavit or deed poll if the name is different from that on the Birth Certificate.
- Academic Qualifications (GCE, CXC, CAPE, CSEC, Professional Certificates/Diplomas)
- Grade slips (these are accepted only in cases where the certificate is not yet available)
Step 4: Go to the Online Application Form
Step 5: Select REGISTER NOW and create your account.
Step 6: Complete the online application. When reviewing the application, make a note of the APPLICATION ID which is located at the top left of the form.
Step 7: Submit/Confirm your application.
PAYING FOR YOUR APPLICATION
Payment using a CREDIT CARD can ONLY be done THREE (3) DAYS after submitting the application. The Application ID number will be required.
You can use one of these options to make your payment:
- Use the payment option located on the BCC website.
- Use SurePay or SurePay Online
- Visit the Accounts Department, Barbados Community College between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m.
- Make sure to keep your receipt.
PERSONS AWAITING EXAMINATION RESULTS
If you are awaiting results from examinations recently taken, you should submit the examination result slip(s) to the email address email@example.com. Please enter your Full Name in the subject line of the email.
SUBMISSION OF OTHER REQUIRED DOCUMENTS
Persons who have applied to Mass Communication and Social Work must submit their essays, recommendations and personal statements to the email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please enter your Full Name in the subject line of the email.
CHANGE OF CHOICE
After submitting the application you will NOT be able to make any changes to the information online. DO NOT MAKE ANOTHER APPLICATION. If there is a need to make a change on your application, please VISIT THE STUDENT AFFAIRS OFFICE, Barbados Community College and complete a CHANGE OF CHOICE FORM.