PREPARING FOR YOUR 2024-2025 BCC APPLICATION
Please read the following information carefully. It might be useful to PRINT it.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO NOTE
- Official Transcripts (must be sent directly from the granting institution) Please do not submit secondary school progress reports.
- Persons who have qualifications from overseas institutions should make contact with the Barbados Accreditation Council (BAC) at (246)-535-6740 or info @bac.gov.bb to have their certification evaluated as soon as the application has been completed.
- Personal Statement (600 words) and two (2) written recommendations. (Social Work Programme Applicants only)
- Essay (300-word essay outlining your interest in the field) (Mass Communication only)
- Persons applying to the Visual Arts and Architectural Studies programmes are required to submit the portfolios to the respective Divisions at the dates specified. See details in the section on Entry Requirements.
FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO COMPLETE THE APPLICATION
PLEASE USE A PRIVATE/INCOGNITO WINDOW WITH THIS APPLICATION
Step 1: Enter your E-mail address
Step 2: Enter your Password
Step 3: Click Register Now
Step 4: Complete all sections on the form – Please check your email for the verification code to be used
Step 5: Click Register
Step 6: Click OK
Step 7: Click LOGIN
Your application is not finished until you have submitted it. You will receive an email IMMEDIATELY after submitting the application. Please check your email and follow the instructions given there.
PAYING FOR YOUR APPLICATION
You can use one of these options to make your payment:
- Visit the Accounts Department of the Barbados Community College between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. (Payment can be made immediately after submission of application)
- Pay Online (using the Pay Online tab on the College’s Website).
- Use SurePay or SurePay Online. (Payment can ONLY be done THREE (3) DAYS after submitting the application. The Application ID number will be required.
- Make sure to keep your receipt.
PERSONS AWAITING EXAMINATION RESULTS
If you are awaiting results from examinations recently taken, you should submit the examination result slip(s) to the Student Affairs Office, Barbados Community College on the dates to be announced.
SUBMISSION OF OTHER REQUIRED DOCUMENTS
Persons who have applied to Mass Communication or Social Work must submit their essays, recommendations and personal statements to the Student Affairs Office, Barbados Community College when payment is made.
CHANGE OF CHOICE
After submitting the application you will NOT be able to make any changes to the information online. DO NOT MAKE ANOTHER APPLICATION. If there is a need to make a change on your application, please VISIT THE STUDENT AFFAIRS OFFICE, Barbados Community College and complete a CHANGE OF CHOICE FORM.