Once students have completed the 4 year Bachelor Course in General Nursing they can then continue their studying by completing the Post Associate BSe Nursing Program.
The College offers a one-year full-time programme for Nursing Assistants. The programme is open to persons seventeen and older.
A Nursing Assistant will be able, under the supervision of a nurse to:
- Give requisite nursing care.
- Recognise physical, emotional, social and spiritual needs of patients and families.
- Give skilled nursing care relating to the basic needs of patients and families.
- Function as an interdependent member of the health team.
- Maintain ethical and moral standards required in nursing.
Successful completion of the programme leads to a Barbados Community College Certificate. Successful completion of the General Nursing Council’s Examination leads to enrolment and to the title “Enrolled Nursing Assistant”.